That was too much for a few kids who refused to walk up.
The monolith was my big project this year along with building the vampire. I will show construction pics soon. I am happy how it turned out, though it did take awhile to carve the column. the Count originally was going to be a puppet head but ended up being static. Some things I drew up never got completed and will be appearing next year. I tried to make too many staked vampire scarecrows and ran out of time. And the Count's pvc body was being troublesome, and I was trying to complete him Friday night. I wanted a laser vortex in the garage and built a spinning mirror thingy that worked with a green laser I got, but it was hard to see the laser cone in person and it would not register at all on camera.
So a Fire & Ice light from Spirit was the back up. It worked great at blocking out the garage with fog as it swirled with green and blue lights. While it is intended for throwing shimmering light far away, aimed at the viewer, it did give a vortex/poltergeist effect and was easy to set up.
I haven't used a digital camera in a few years, and I need to go back to using one. An iPhone is handy but mine is starting to crap out and a lot of night pics were blurry. And our computer has trouble accepting videos from my phone so a digital camera might be the answer. I might do some landscaping redesigning in the yard this year to block out houses along the driveway for better backgrounds. I always get pumped up after Halloween and love to spend winter and the new year fixing things while it is cooler here in Florida. The graveyard fence needs some tweaking because the sections keep falling over. And the coffin needs beefing up as the old bottom rotted out and the kimono vamp almost dropped thru when it was moved. A few years outside has taken a toll on it, although it looks better as it ages. Like me ;)